Updated: Jun 20
A Covid-19 Popup community Project has started at St Wilfrids Community Centre, #BromfordHodgeHillResidents If You're in need of a food parcel please pop and see us on a Friday between 1-3pm.
All food parcels shall be pre bagged and distributed via the front entrance, we ask you to wait using the social distancing measures, 2 Metres apart.
Want to contribute please email us.
Want to download and print this poster to help spread the word to your friends and neighbours?
Do Not Accept If the yellow bag seal is broken. We use full PPE to package each bag, this is to ensure no bag is tampered with. Thank you.
Please Subscribe, so we can keep you updated on any date or times changes to our food bank popup service.
HHCV Food Bank Pop Up Community Project Official Statement – May – 2020 (Edited)
We Continue To Apply For Funding. This Is A Temporary Community Popup Food bank Service. Supported By St Wilfrids Community Centre, Hodge Hill Community Venture, Dedicated Volunteers, The Active Wellbeing Society and with special thanks to Councillors Diane Donaldson & Majid Mahmood, PAK Supermarket, PAK Foods, and Galaxy and Sutton Cars, Centrex Cars and Wates.
We are operating a STRICTLY NO PUBLIC ENTRY to this site.
Access to the premises is temporarily unavailable due to social distancing. Government Covid-19.
Our Volunteers have the right to work in a safe environment, free from verbal abuse and other inappropriate behaviour directed at them. We will take effective measures to support any Volunteer, who is subject to any inappropriate behaviour or written, verbal or non-verbal communication. We therefore ask that visitors respond to this by showing polite, respectful behaviour when dealing with our Volunteers.
· Initial deliveries are standard food parcels, we CANNOT offer any guarantees for limited dietary requirements - diabetic, gluten-intolerance, nut allergy, halal, and vegetarian.
· Majority of the food parcels are provided by The Active Wellbeing Society.
Main office: Studio 309, The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, B9 4AA
· It is a major operation involving a food hub where supplies will be stored and packed, sourcing a food supply and then distributing.
· We are only one of many distributing these supplies and have access to a limited amount each time.
· No stocks of any food or parcel contents are left on site at the end of each day.
· When its gone, its gone, and we must wait until the next delivery.
· The city council’s emergency community response hub provides support to vulnerable citizens, for both emergency food supplies and social contact. It will signpost and connect vulnerable citizens who have no assistance from family or friends and need help and support.
· Citizens are being asked if they do have existing help and support from family and friends, to continue to use this so that we can focus on our most vulnerable citizens.
· We have conducted a strict risk assessment and are following government guidelines to operate this project. Full use of PPE will be used to produce these food parcels.
Majid Mahmood, Councillor for the Bromford and Hodge Hill ward.
Really pleased to announce that we’ve teamed up with the brilliant Karen Priestley and Steve Priestley to expand their food bank with a “pop up” food bank open to all residents of the #BromfordandHodgeHill ward.
This Friday between 1-3pm we will hold a food bank to distribute food parcels at the St Wilfrids community Centre on Shawsdale Road. If you are an individual or group in the area, and would like to donate food or other essential items please get in touch. Thank you to Pak Supermarket, Galaxy and Sutton Cars, Centrex Cars and PakFoods for their contribution together with the Active and Wellbeing Society. A special shout out to all the individuals and groups who have stepped up in #BromfordandHodgeHill during these challenging times inc the below the radar who have set up community tables, held #Clap4Heroes events, set up foodbanks, and are supporting those self-isolating. The resilience of our people is amazing , and we will get through this, and come out a stronger community. Thank you ❤️ #BromfordandHodgeHill 👏🏽